Lab recovery from backups

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

tjohnson2456

Lab recovery from backups

Post by tjohnson2456 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:58 pm

Hi all,
I recently had made a switch from 4.0 to 5.0. I followed the instructions to backup the /opt/unetlab/addons, tmp, and labs directories. when I restore my data on the new server, all my work is gone, and it boots up the generic stuff from when I built the lab. None of the data that was saved in my virtual router flash memory boots up, and the real kick to the nuts, all my SDWAN devices were running from defaults. vManage, vbond, vsmart, and the hub sites. All gone. 3-4 months of work gone. There is alot of information in my /tmp directory, so I know it's there. How can I restore access to all of that data?

Uldis (UD)

Re: Lab recovery from backups

Post by Uldis (UD) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:01 am

It is because you did not migrate tmp folder content
tmp folder contains all saved job

/opt/unetlab/tmp/

tjohnson2456

Post by tjohnson2456 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:51 pm

Actually Uldin, I had the entire Unenet directory backed up.
and I restored the
/opt/unetlab/addons
/opt/unetlab/tmp
/opt/unetlab/labs

If you re-read the original post, you will see that I mentioned it. Backing up those directories did not recover my labs data thats in tmp.

So, is there a way to recover the data in the tmp directory, apparently it's not as simple as copying directories.

I used your exact instructions in https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/backup-eve-ng-content/

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:10 pm

best way is to use rsync copy tmp from eve to eve