Juniper Junos Space Network management

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

PeterB

Juniper Junos Space Network management

Post by PeterB » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:44 am

Hello Gurus,
I have a working eve-ng system running on VMware 7.0 U3 (30 cpu + 60Gb RAM) which I use to run Juniper devices (vSRX, vMX, vQFX) and have recently installed Junos Space to manage and control them. I obtained the space image from Juniper, along with Network director and Security Director. The issue I am having is that Space has been unable to discover any of the VIRTUAL appliances (vSRX etc), it successfully discovers PHYSICAL devices (SRX240, EX2200). Is there a special method to discovering virtual appliances compared to physical ones? All suggestions welcome, as I have tried everything I can think of. I have installed Space both inside Eve, and directly as a VM on Vmware, both will discover my physical devices, but neither will discover the other virtual devices inside eve, or virtual devices directly on the VMware host.
Thanks for reading...
:-\