Eve-ng not recognizing correct size of HDD

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

wixxyl

Eve-ng not recognizing correct size of HDD

Post by wixxyl » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:07 pm

All,

I'm in a bit of a situation with my install. I put an extra 200GB drive into my ESXi VM and the system nearly immediately gobbled most of it up. I shut down the VM and expanded the drive to 500GB and restarted thinking it would resize the drive to 500GB, but that didn't happen. So now I'm stuck with ESXi thinking the host has a 500GB drive, and Eve thinks it's 200GB, and I can't seem to get it to recognize the correct size. Does anyone have a procedure for that? Can I delete the drive and add it back to get Eve to recognize the size? That seems like it would result in data loss, but maybe Eve would be fine. I don't really want to wipe it and start over, but I suppose I can if I have to. Any and all help is greatly appreciated, thank you!!

Uldis (UD)

Re: Eve-ng not recognizing correct size of HDD

Post by Uldis (UD) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:29 pm

you seems did not following this one?
https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/docume ... on-eve-vm/

if you expanded same hdd then you must look in ubuntu documentation how to use cfdisk or fdisk expand LVM partition