EVE Installer Failing to Start (Initramfs)

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

tjohnson2456

EVE Installer Failing to Start (Initramfs)

Post by tjohnson2456 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:48 pm

This is a little different than the other Initramfs errors that I am seeing. On a fresly created USB boot drive, using Rufis, I am having issues when launching the installer. I am getting similar errors with the USB boot drive. any ideas?

tjohnson2456

Re: EVE Installer Failing to Start (Initramfs)

Post by tjohnson2456 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:15 pm

Never mind. I think I have a bad USB stick. Tried with another one with no issues.

salmawisoky

Post by salmawisoky » Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:49 pm

There are several reasons why the EVE installer may be failing to start. One possible reason is that there was an issue updating the launcher cache and it got corrupted. You can delete the launcher cache so a new, uncorrupted version is downloaded. Another possible reason is that there are missing dependencies or outdated Windows updates. You can try running the installer as an administrator or using the free version of Revo Uninstaller to uninstall EVE and then try reinstalling again. Drift Boss

bernhardjami

Post by bernhardjami » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:57 am

The EVE installation might not launch for a variety of reasons. One probable cause is that the launcher cache became corrupted as a result of an update problem. You can force a fresh, uncorrupted download by clearing the launcher's cache. Inadequate Windows upgrades or missing dependencies could also be at blame. To reinstall EVE, you can either run the installer as an administrator or use the trial edition of Revo Uninstaller. wordle today

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:09 pm

Use Rufus for USB sticks, this will make you create clean bootable USB