Can't connect to Google Cloud Platform server after upgrade

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

farouqtaj

Can't connect to Google Cloud Platform server after upgrade

Post by farouqtaj » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:27 pm

I've created the server running nested-ubuntu-focal as per the instructions in the EVE-NG Community Cookbook.

I then check for updates using the 'apt update' command followed by applying the upgrade using the 'apt upgrade' command.

After upgrading I then reboot the server using the 'shutdown - r now' command which as expected causes the SSH bowser window connection to be lost.

The issue I have is after the restart command I can't connect to the server again.

The SSH keys are transferred and then it tries establishing a connection to the SSH server but fails.

I get the error message shown in the attachment; "Connection via cloud Identity-Aware Proxy failed"

Any suggestions as to what is causing this and how can get around it?

I have tried creating a firewall rule to allow ingress TCP traffic from 35.235.240.0/20 on TCP port 22 as per the suggestion on the error message to no avail.
Screenshot 2023-01-22 at 20.44.37.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.