pnet0 interface mapping

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

chie

pnet0 interface mapping

Post by chie » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:41 am

Hello,
How do I map pnet0 (which is dhcp assigned IP address) inside my Home LAN to Mgmt. Cloud network.
By doing so I will have the ability to use the Mgmt. Cloud network to any created nodes inside eve-ng
to be accessible from my Home network. Or if you have a better solution/suggestion so I can access
any created nodes webUI inside eve-ng for mgmt. purposes.

Please see below current interfaces mapping created automatically by eve-ng.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Uldis (UD)

Re: pnet0 interface mapping

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:39 am

Not sure what you talking about, but EVE nodes connected to cloud0/pnet0 will be accessible from home LAN.
EVE has a lot scenarious how to connect real devices or intenet to lab. It depends what kind of EVE installation and pltaform you have..
for example Esxi EVE desigh with trunk to real cisco switch is attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chie

Post by chie » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:08 pm

Hi Uldis,

Thanks for your response, what I'm trying to accomplish here is for me to be able to access some nodes (in my lab) via their webUI when I
statically assign them an IP address which belong to my Home LAN via Cloud0 network. But for some reason I cannot.

I was able to access and ping eve-ng pnet0 (which was assigned 192.168.1.32 dhcp address) and in the same IP address range as my home laptop.
But for some weird reason when I statically assign a particular node (in my lab) an IP address that belong to my Home network I cannot ping/access them
which I presume I should be able to cause it's in the same IP address range as my laptop.

Any idea? Also are you saying that Mgmt. Cloud0 is dynamically mapped to pnet0?

Thank for your help.
Chie

chie

Post by chie » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:09 pm

Additional info below..

I am using eve-ng PRO in ESXi.

chie

Post by chie » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:23 pm

Attached is the topology and eth1 of the vManager is statically assigned 192.168.1.245 connected to Cloud0.
I assume I should be able to ping or webUI to it but I cannot.

Thank you again for your support.
Chie

chie

Post by chie » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:34 pm

Thanks for the Home Lab Topology, greatly appreciate it.

chie

Post by chie » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:19 pm

Hello again,

So I'm kinda stuck here and need somebody's help to figure out what's happening here.
Looks like every node that I create in my lab environment is NOT pingable\accessible from my HOME lan.
I used Cloud0 to connect a node with statically assigned ip address that belong to my Home LAN subnet but still
not working.
I can ping/access pnet0 from a node in my lab -but anything outside I cannot
even though they are statically assigned ip address in the same subnet.
I also created a static route entry pointing the next hop to my Home router, but still the same issue.

Anybody have a similar experience as me? Any suggestions?

Thanks again for your assistance on this.
Chie

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:32 pm

We have EVE Live Support chat to ask any questions and get an answer.
https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/live-helpdesk/
Use your gmail to join or create new chat account with your own email