Cannot start Mikrotik devices in EVE-NG

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

easttowest

Cannot start Mikrotik devices in EVE-NG

Post by easttowest » Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:30 am

Hello all,

I know this topic has been covered before however I am still having difficulty in getting mikrotik routes to power on and stay on.

Yes I have enabled vt-x nested emulations, I even had to do it through cli as the option in the setting was greyed out, and I have tried with older version of the routerOS img (currently using 6.38.7)

Even with scouring the web looking for solution I cannot get the mikrotiks to start up properly.

I am getting to my wicks end and would very much appreciate some help on this subject, please feel free to ask any and all questions to help me get to the problem of this issue.

Kind regards.

Uldis (UD)

Re: Cannot start Mikrotik devices in EVE-NG

Post by Uldis (UD) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:38 am

Did you enable the Nested virtualization on your EVE CPU? Intel VT-X
Rest is simple and all works
https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/docume ... ud-router/

easttowest

Post by easttowest » Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:12 pm

Yes, as I stated in my opening post I have indeed enabled nested virtualization VT-X.

It is unfortunately still not working, the virtual device starts up for 5 secs and then shuts down again

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:34 pm

Where your eve is installed??
What platform?
https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/docume ... quirement/

TommyPage

Post by TommyPage » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:11 am

easttowest wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:30 am
Hello all,

I know this topic has been covered before however I am still having difficulty in getting mikrotik routes to power on and stay on.

Yes I have enabled vt-x nested emulations, I even had to do it through cli as the option in the setting was greyed out, and I have tried with older version of the routerOS img (currently using 6.38.7)

Even with scouring the web looking for solution I cannot get the mikrotiks to start up properly.

I am getting to my wicks end and would very much appreciate some help on this subject, please feel free to ask any and all questions to help me get to the problem of this issue. cuphead game

Kind regards.
Nested virtualization VT-X has been activated on my system, as I confirmed in the very first post I made here.That is regrettably still not functioning, the virtual device comes up for 5 seconds and then shuts down again.