Lab cisco asa is not updating time

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

ganesh

Lab cisco asa is not updating time

Post by ganesh » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:06 pm

Hi Help-Desk,

I built lab using Cisco asa 9.1.5 K8, I have also built Win AD on VMware & trying to authenticate using AD user credentials using Cisco Anyconnect VPN client, AD throws Kerberos authentication error since asa clock is not getting updated. If I manually update clock to sync with AD time it works fine. Could you help me to configure clock of virtual asa so that asa retains the set time at least when it is power on?

Thanks,
Ganesh

ramindia

Re: Lab cisco asa is not updating time

Post by ramindia » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:12 pm

ganesh wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:06 pm
Hi Help-Desk,

I built lab using Cisco asa 9.1.5 K8, I have also built Win AD on VMware & trying to authenticate using AD user credentials using Cisco Anyconnect VPN client, AD throws Kerberos authentication error since asa clock is not getting updated. If I manually update clock to sync with AD time it works fine. Could you help me to configure clock of virtual asa so that asa retains the set time at least when it is power on?

Thanks,
Ganesh
you can setup ntp Server in the lab, using any iron image.

R!

Uldis (UD)

Re: Lab cisco asa is not updating time

Post by Uldis (UD) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:27 pm

ASA 915 has issues with NTP, time is ticking 3 times slower than real...:)