Unable to run XRvs

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

elpa

Unable to run XRvs

Post by elpa » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:44 pm

Hello everbody,

I am running EVE (updated with the apt commands) on vmware work 12, 20 gig memory allocated to the VM, 4 cores i5. I have used UNL in the past with no problems, but eve
does not seem to be working for me with the XRv demo images.

I tried converting different versions of XR from ova to qcow2, fixed file permission, verified virtualization, disabled AV both on the images and on VMware. When starting a new lab,
EVE recognizes the image, allows me to add a couple XR nodes and to connect them, it even allows me to start them and stop them correctly and to telnet to the emulated
machines, but I do not get any boot msg or prompt. I have waited up to 30 mins without no changes, altough the CPU utilization goes anywhere from 10 to 50% (as reported by EVE) or to 100% (as reported by windows task manager).

Any ideas?

Edit: forgot to mention EVE is working with IOLs for me.

Thanks!

kmanthezu

Re: Unable to run XRvs

Post by kmanthezu » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:26 pm

I have experienced the same thing. in 1 lab it worked and any others it didn't as well. Good to see i'm not the only one that is seeing this.

gnek

Post by gnek » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:41 pm

I'm facing the same issue:

today I've imported from UNL to EVE-NG a network composed by 16 Cisco XRV (R 6.0.0).

The network was working fine with UNL, I was also able to start all the node togheter. With EVE-NG I've to start one node a time and no more than 12. After the 12th nodes the CPU reach the 100%.

Any idea to avoid this issue ?

Thanks

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:45 am

with such weak CPU like i5 no wonder that it doesnt work well.
Try disable under EVE status (web UI) CPU limit and UKSM.
UD

gnek

Post by gnek » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:57 pm

Thanks Uldis,
I've been able to solve the issue reducing number of CPU from 16 to 8 and disabling CPU limit and UKSM.

Now I've 30 Cisco XRV running with R6_0 and I'm going to add some Juno VNX R17.1.

Thanks again