Fresh OVA install, root/eve login doesn't work, SSH refused

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

Jeff Behrns

Fresh OVA install, root/eve login doesn't work, SSH refused

Post by Jeff Behrns » Tue May 23, 2017 10:16 pm

I just downloaded the OVA from the MEGA mirror and after powering it on found the following problems:

1) On the VM console / shell you are informed the default login is root/eve ...this is invalid

2) On the web interface you are informed the default login is admin/unl....this is invalid...someone else found it to be admin/eve

3) SSH connections are refused

Uldis (UD)

Re: Fresh OVA install, root/eve login doesn't work, SSH refused

Post by Uldis (UD) » Wed May 24, 2017 7:01 am

you simply didnt finish eve install and didnt watch any how to video:)

UD

Jeff Behrns

Post by Jeff Behrns » Thu May 25, 2017 9:31 pm

The problem was not that I "simply didnt finish eve install and didnt watch any how to video:) "
I actually did watch some of your how-to videos before downloading the OVA believe it or not.
The problem was my virtualization platform (VMWare vCloud Director) was generating a random password for the VM's console.
If you want to build a loyal user base please don't treat problem reports dismissively.

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Fri May 26, 2017 7:39 am

but it was your ESXi issue then...
without any details you reported only nake fact: it doesnt work!
Everybody arround can run and it works great, but yours not, what I should think or advice then, if you do not give any explanation in details..
How I could know your ESXi setup there?