EVE-NG on AWS

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

NetGecko

EVE-NG on AWS

Post by NetGecko » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:57 am

Sir,

I just tried to set up EVE-NG on AWS as i do not have the resources at home and pretty much need scalable environment on demand.
I can access an ubuntu 16.04 instance via ssh perfectly and use the bare install guide where i have to skip a couple of sections for the interfaces as networking needs to strictly adhere to AWS EC2 requirements.

I pretty much got a workaround to attain root access to my instance and modify the existing SSH RSA file to permit this temporarily using the following instructions:

https://tecadmin.net/how-to-enable-ssh- ... -instance/

This is quite encouraging as it works perfectly.
After running the bare install, the EVE-NG install forces the initial network setup wizard which destroys the certificate and locks me out.

I would appreciate to know a way how to permanently skip the Configuration wizard by either deleting it or disabling it.

Thanks for your support.

ramindia

Re: EVE-NG on AWS

Post by ramindia » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:59 am

NetGecko wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:57 am
Sir,

I just tried to set up EVE-NG on AWS as i do not have the resources at home and pretty much need scalable environment on demand.
I can access an ubuntu 16.04 instance via ssh perfectly and use the bare install guide where i have to skip a couple of sections for the interfaces as networking needs to strictly adhere to AWS EC2 requirements.

I pretty much got a workaround to attain root access to my instance and modify the existing SSH RSA file to permit this temporarily using the following instructions:

https://tecadmin.net/how-to-enable-ssh- ... -instance/

This is quite encouraging as it works perfectly.
After running the bare install, the EVE-NG install forces the initial network setup wizard which destroys the certificate and locks me out.

I would appreciate to know a way how to permanently skip the Configuration wizard by either deleting it or disabling it.

Thanks for your support.
As per my understanding setup wizard to setup only network config. so you can skip the config and manually configure interface.

/opt/ovf

i am guessing this where the startup config will pickup.

R!

mahendran1387

Re: EVE-NG on AWS

Post by mahendran1387 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:28 am

Hi Guys,
I am facing the same error.. SSH locking out and not able to access the SSH in google cloud.. Any idea to fix the issue ?/