Export config suggestion

Moderator: mike

maechi

Export config suggestion

Post by maechi » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:12 am

Hello,

This is my first post so I'd like to start off by saying thanks to all of you for your effort on this project. This is such a great benefit to me and I am sure to so many others.

I wanted to offer a suggestion for the export config feature. Can you begin the 'export config' script with the symbol # and the word 'end'?

example:

#
end
terminal length 0
write
quit

The # character would be useful if the target devices happen to have un-entered text on the line and force a return to a prompt.
The end command will of course bring the prompt back to user exec mode no matter which mode the device happens to be.

The aim is to ensure this script will execute no matter which mode the device is in, and prevent these types of errors:

R1(config-if-range)#terminal length 0 ^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

R1(config-if-range)#write
^

R1(config-if-range)#quit
^

R1(config-if-range)#

Thanks again.
-Maechi

ramindia

Re: Export config suggestion

Post by ramindia » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:32 pm

maechi wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:12 am
Hello,

This is my first post so I'd like to start off by saying thanks to all of you for your effort on this project. This is such a great benefit to me and I am sure to so many others.

I wanted to offer a suggestion for the export config feature. Can you begin the 'export config' script with the symbol # and the word 'end'?

example:

#
end
terminal length 0
write
quit

The # character would be useful if the target devices happen to have un-entered text on the line and force a return to a prompt.
The end command will of course bring the prompt back to user exec mode no matter which mode the device happens to be.

The aim is to ensure this script will execute no matter which mode the device is in, and prevent these types of errors:

R1(config-if-range)#terminal length 0 ^

R1(config-if-range)#write
^

R1(config-if-range)#quit
^

R1(config-if-range)#

Thanks again.
-Maechi
we do not see this issue, what device is it, and did you saved the config ? attached the fully config

R!