How do I remove an old computer showing under "Network" in the navigation pane ?

Moderator: mike

Reyevu

How do I remove an old computer showing under "Network" in the navigation pane ?

Post by Reyevu » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:39 pm

Is there anyway to remove an old PC from the 'Network" section of the navigation pane in Windows 10 (Surface Pro 4)?

Ueyev

Re: How do I remove an old computer showing under "Network" in the navigation pane ?

Post by Ueyev » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:29 am

Hey Reyevu, to remove an old PC showing in the Navigation pan you need to go for these steps. In the search bar write regedit, and click Enter to open Registry Editor and in case it is prompted by UAC then press on the option of YES. Then in Registry Editor go for the location HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F02C1A0D-BE21-4350-88B0-7367FC96EF3C}\ShellFolder. Now change the owner of the ShellFolder registry key so you could go to the Administrators group. Here Set Permissions of the ShellFolder registry key in the to "Allow" the Administrators group "Full control". Tap on the option that says Attributes to make changes. In the end, write in b0940064, press on OK, and if you have 64 bit Windows 10 then go for the above steps for the registry location. When done then close Registry Editor, sign out, and sign in to apply changes. Go for https://appuals.com/what-is-kfdowi-and- ... r-network/ to find more.