Eve-NG on Ryzen 2600x or I5 NUC

Moderator: mike

medinseto

Eve-NG on Ryzen 2600x or I5 NUC

Post by medinseto » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:40 am

Hi everyone.

I know that officially Eve-NG is only supported on Ryzen 3900x CPU's and up, but has anyone successfully ran it on a Ryzen 2600x? I have an opportunity to be given either a small tower system with a Ryzen 2600x or an Intel NUC 11 Pro Kit NUC11TNHi5. I will install either vmware or proxmox as the host OS and both systems have 64GB of RAM.

I am having a hard time deciding which I should go with for my studies. I am aiming for the ENCOR and ENARSI tests next and would like to get eve-ng running so I can have a more advanced study environment than packet tracer. Can anyone offer any advice as to which I should choose and why? I know that ideally a full server would be the best environment to set this up, but due to power and space requirements I cannot install a full server https://9apps.ooo/.

There is also the potential I would run VM's of devices other than cisco, such as PA firewalls, Pulse Secure devices, Arista devices and perhaps a windows server if that would influence the choice in system. I may also use a linux server or two to learn about automation.

I have seen a lot of conflicting information in my searches, and most of it is a few years old now, so I would appreciate advice anyone can offer.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by medinseto on Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uldis (UD)

Re: Eve-NG on Ryzen 2600x or I5 NUC

Post by Uldis (UD) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:28 pm

No, with AMD 2600 you will go nowhere.
And that NUC11TNHi5 is very weak which not supports EPT (enhanced virtualization)

Answer both options are useless