EVE-NG Setup \ Installation questions

Moderator: mike

okalautar

EVE-NG Setup \ Installation questions

Post by okalautar » Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:59 pm

Hello there folks..

I am looking at resharpening my network skills and scaling back on adding boxes to my home rack, and I am looking at deploying EVE-NG Community Edition, but I have question on what type of hardware or vm requirement it has as the documentation is a bit vague on this and just simply states at giving it as much ram and CPU you have available but nothing more then that

So my question is simply what kind of hardware do those of you that use or have used EVE-NG recommend to use for a deployment for CCNA \ JunOS equivalent setup?

First thing I am looking at doing is mimicking the setup we have at work witch consist of
2x CheckPoints
2x Juniper EX4300 core switches in stacked mode
5x Juniper EX3400 access switches with direct uplik to the core switches.
Last edited by okalautar on Thu May 05, 2022 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uldis (UD)

Re: EVE-NG Setup \ Installation questions

Post by Uldis (UD) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:54 pm

Juniper EX switches are not offered from Juniper as virtual machines...
therefore you can forget to run such on any virtual environment..
instead is vQFX juniper

requestconvert

Post by requestconvert » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:28 am

When I think of installing EVE-NG Community Edition to hone my networking abilities and reduce the number of devices in my home rack, I have a few questions about the system's hardware or virtual machine (VM) requirements, since the literature is sparse on the subject.

Delwyn

Post by Delwyn » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:14 am

For a CCNA / JunOS equivalent setup with the devices you mentioned, a server with a multi-core CPU, at least 16GB of RAM, a fast SSD or NVMe drive, and multiple physical network interfaces should be sufficient. However, for larger or more complex network topologies, you may need to invest in more powerful hardware to ensure optimal performance.foodle

kevintexas0106

Post by kevintexas0106 » Fri May 05, 2023 1:46 am

One of the indispensable pieces of hardware is RAM: At least 8GB of RAM, however if you want to deploy larger devices, you need more RAM (for example, if you want to deploy some of your high-end routers). Cisco, you should have at least 16GB of RAM). wordle