EVE-NG default Emulator (SecureCRT) on Macbook Pro M1 Not working

Moderator: mike

stealmanballz

EVE-NG default Emulator (SecureCRT) on Macbook Pro M1 Not working

Post by stealmanballz » Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:38 pm

Hello,

I've recently switched to Apple and now I'm unable to configure devices when using the M1 because it has no telnet options for security reasons. I'm wondering if anyone knows a way to change the path like on Windows to point to SecureCRT. It tries to open my terminal but that just errors out and I want it to use SecureCRT. Does anyone have a link for setting up the path and using Telnet on macOS Ventura 13.0? My googlefoo is failing me. I access the EVE-NG server through a web browser and it is it's own dedicated server for EVE.

acrowe

Re: EVE-NG default Emulator (SecureCRT) on Macbook Pro M1 Not working

Post by acrowe » Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:49 pm

You can download the client pack from EVE and that will set the emulator in native to iTerm. I haven't managed to get it working to my secureCRT yet either (it's actually why I came out here today).

Yunna

Post by Yunna » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:59 am

acrowe wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:49 pm
You can download the client pack from EVE and that will set the emulator in native to iTerm. I haven't managed to get it working to my secureCRT yet either geometry dash lite (it's actually why I came out here today).
What is the best version I can download?

rusty725

Post by rusty725 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:07 am

There's only 1 version 2 now https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/download/#DL-OSX
Eve has to be installed on esxi / bare metal / google cloud . It won't work on Mac m1/m2 and so on. Only Mac Os Catalina with intel cpu it would work under vmware fusion.