VMware Loopback Adapter

Moderator: mike

mzedalis

VMware Loopback Adapter

Post by mzedalis » Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:30 pm

No matter what i do i cannot get EVE-NG to get a ip address. I have VMWare set to bridge to the external network. Any ideas?

Uldis (UD)

Re: VMware Loopback Adapter

Post by Uldis (UD) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:38 pm

Set NAT adapter for your VM

but if you have ESXi then you must be sure you are not using NIC team and All Security settings are enabled.

mzedalis

Post by mzedalis » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:53 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have however tried that may times and still didnt work. It did work last week. Stopped without changing any settings.

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:55 pm

Look, it is only your esxi settings based
join our live eve chat for consultation
https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/live-helpdesk/

use your gmail to join or use own email to create chat account
No worries if you will ne get answer immediately...
We are online almost 24 hours

hassanizhar

Post by hassanizhar » Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:03 pm

There could be several reasons why your EVE-NG virtual machine is not obtaining an IP address. Here are a few suggestions that may help:

Check your network settings: Ensure that your virtual machine is configured to use a network adapter that is connected to the external network. Check the settings in your VMWare console to ensure that the network adapter is set to bridge to the external network.

Check your DHCP settings: Ensure that your DHCP server is running and is configured to assign IP addresses to virtual machines. Check the DHCP server settings to ensure that the IP address range is large enough to accommodate the virtual machines on your network.

Check your firewall settings: Check your firewall settings to ensure that the virtual machine is allowed to communicate with the network. Ensure that any necessary ports are open and that the virtual machine is allowed to access the DHCP server.

Restart your virtual machine: Try restarting your virtual machine to see if it obtains an IP address after rebooting.

Try assigning a static IP address: If all else fails, you can try assigning a static IP address to your virtual machine. Consult the EVE-NG documentation for instructions on how to assign a static IP address.

If you continue to experience issues, it may be helpful to consult the EVE-NG community forums or seek assistance from their technical support team.
I write about anything that might interest me, from short blogs to highly informative, fact-heavy articles. I’m always looking to use my passion to create exciting marketing opportunities, as well as bring value to others through my work.