How to access cisco switch in from ubuntu+brave browser

Moderator: mike

justaguyyy

How to access cisco switch in from ubuntu+brave browser

Post by justaguyyy » Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:12 pm

Hi Guys,
I am new to eve-ng. I have installed eve-ng in vmware esxi and I am using Ubuntu+Brave browser on my laptop. So, after installing the Cisco image or router, I created a new lab with a win7 and cisco router in eve-ng. The problem is whenever I am trying to access Win7, a window opens and I am able to access it, but, when I click on router, it says "http://10.0.0.12 wants to open this application" and then nothing happens. Please guide me on how can I access the router. Also, where can I get the Cisco L2 and L3 switch images for my eve-ng lab?

Uldis (UD)

Re: How to access cisco switch in from ubuntu+brave browser

Post by Uldis (UD) » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:43 am

You have to install linux client pack, or use html console

jackjofi

Post by jackjofi » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:22 am

To access a Cisco switch from Ubuntu and Brave browser, you can follow these steps:

Connect your Ubuntu computer to the switch using an Ethernet cable.

Open a terminal on your Ubuntu computer and type the following command to check the IP address of the switch:

Copy code
ifconfig

Look for the network interface connected to the switch and note down the IP address of the switch.

Open the Brave browser on your Ubuntu computer and type the IP address of the switch in the address bar.

You will be prompted to enter your username and password to log in to the switch.

Enter your Cisco switch login credentials to access the switch.JTWhatsapp

Once you are logged in, you can configure the switch and manage its settings using the command-line interface or the web interface, depending on the specific model of the switch.

Regenerate response

lihana

Post by lihana » Tue May 23, 2023 1:25 am

You are need to utilise either the HTML console or the Linux client packdrift boss

hassanizhar

Post by hassanizhar » Tue May 23, 2023 1:22 pm

To access the router in your EVE-NG lab, you can follow these steps:

Make sure the router is properly configured and running in your EVE-NG lab environment.
Open your web browser (Brave) and enter the IP address assigned to the router. In this case, it appears to be "10.0.0.12".
When you click on the router, and a window opens with the message "http://10.0.0.12 wants to open this application," it means your browser is asking for permission to open the console application to access the router's command line interface (CLI).
You need to allow the application to open by clicking on "Open" or a similar button in the message prompt. Once you grant permission, the console window should appear, providing access to the router's CLI.
If nothing happens after you click on the router and grant permission, there could be a compatibility issue or a configuration problem. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

Ensure that you have the necessary plugins or extensions installed in your browser to support console access. Some routers require Java or other plugins to open the console.
Check if your browser's security settings or popup blockers are preventing the console window from opening. Temporarily disable any security features or add exceptions for the EVE-NG web interface to see if that resolves the issue.
Try accessing the router console using a different browser to see if the problem persists. Some browsers may have better compatibility with certain applications.
Verify that the router image you installed in EVE-NG is compatible and supported by the platform. Ensure you have the correct image file and it is properly configured within EVE-NG.
Check the EVE-NG documentation or user forums for troubleshooting specific to your setup and configuration. You may find guidance from other users who have encountered similar issues.
Regarding Cisco L2 and L3 switch images for your EVE-NG lab, it's important to note that acquiring and using Cisco images requires appropriate licensing and authorization. It is recommended to obtain the images directly from Cisco or through authorized channels. Cisco provides downloadable images for their devices on their official website, which can be used in EVE-NG lab environments. Ensure you comply with Cisco's licensing terms and conditions when obtaining and using their images.

Remember to always use legally obtained and authorized images, and ensure you have the necessary licenses to use them in your lab environment.
I write about anything that might interest me, from short blogs to highly informative, fact-heavy articles. I’m always looking to use my passion to create exciting marketing opportunities, as well as bring value to others through my work.