C8000V

Moderator: mike

tbarychewsky

C8000V

Post by tbarychewsky » Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:19 pm

Having issues c8000v
I follow the instructions for https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/docume ... yst-8000v/

using the ISO image. i have tried 2 versions 17.06.02a and 17.11.01a with same result. I attached a screenshot

1. I create the directory c8000v-17.06.02
2. Copy the ISO to the directory
3. Create the virtual disk int he directory: /opt/qemu/bin/qemu-img create -f qcow2 virtioa.qcow2 8G
4. I get the menu to install via Serial console which i select
5. starts the install wqizzard and checks the hash on the file and then just hangs indefinetley.(screenshot attached) i never get the step 6. on the posted instructions. which is:CD-ROM Installation finished

other cisco images work fine. I tried rebooting my Eve server did not work.. I'm running EVE Version 5.0.1-106 on Bare Metal with plenty of resources.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hectorkimberly

Re: C8000V

Post by hectorkimberly » Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:20 am

Based on the instructions you provided, it seems like you’re following the correct steps. However, there could be several reasons why the installation is hanging indefinitely.
One possible reason is that the virtual disk you created is not large enough for the installation processangry gran. You may want to try creating a larger virtual disk and see if that helps.
Another possible reason is that there could be an issue with the ISO image you’re using. You may want to try downloading a fresh copy of the ISO image and see if that helps.
If neither of these solutions work, there could be other issues at play. I would recommend checking out Cisco’s documentation on installing and configuring c8000v. They have a lot of helpful information that could help you troubleshoot your issue.

Uldis (UD)

Re: C8000V

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:17 pm

My friend, I dont know your EVE system HW settings but this C8000v install could take a time until it is processed..
Also it is true what is said in previous post by hectorkimberly
hdd size is correct in the how to, so no need bigger
All issues are pointing to your system HW you have for your EVE