Issue with moving nodes and saving layout

Moderator: mike

bluecavalry

Issue with moving nodes and saving layout

Post by bluecavalry » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:27 am

I am having issues with clicking a node and dragging it. I have tried 3 different browsers: Chrome, Edge, and Firefox.

* If I have a shape underneath, it is difficult to only grab the router and move it. The shape comes with it.

* Even when there aren't any other shapes or devices, it is difficult to click and move devices.

* Lastly, when I close my lab, the location of the devices is completely lost.

Any ideas? What am I doing wrong?

Uldis (UD)

Re: Issue with moving nodes and saving layout

Post by Uldis (UD) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:11 am

No such issues are not observed.
Only i can imagine it is some mess with z-index. Layout of shaoes.
Right click on the shape and set right z-indel layer level

gkuchera

Post by gkuchera » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:45 am

I'm having this same issue. not sure what triggers it but i spend lots of time arranging things like i want them - the browser times out after a few hours and next time i log in some or all of the objects are no longer in there places.

The last instance of this was a bunch of text boxes with IP addresses and MPLS labels in them - a little frustrating considering now i have to go re-place all of these objects after I figure out where they go again. This has happened to me more than once.

I'm using the EVE-NG PRO and this happened on the native console using Chrome web browser v 96.0.4664 (official Build) (64 bit) on windows 10.

Any help would be appreciated i have spent a lot of time setting things up so they are easy to understand and it's not helpful if the objects don't hold there places.

Thanks,
Geoff Kuchera

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:36 am

It is browser cache issue