R-ISP in Cisco Nexus 9000v VXLAN BGP EVPN Concept Lab not working

Any copyright material exchange is strictly forbidden. Any member violate this rule will be banned without warning.

Moderator: mike

stampeder

R-ISP in Cisco Nexus 9000v VXLAN BGP EVPN Concept Lab not working

Post by stampeder » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:30 pm

I am currently working with this lab: Cisco Nexus 9000v VXLAN BGP EVPN Concept Lab.
It's a great lab and I have pretty much everything working except to the R-ISP router with is a Cisco CSR100V.
I'm currently using the csr1000vng-universalk9.16.09.01.Fuji image. It is installed and selected for the node.
I have the solved config file uploaded into the default config for this router.
I've edited the node to ensure that the default config is selected as startup.
When I start this device it does not use the default configuration as its configuration on startup.
Instead it uses a configuration that is version 15.6 and only loads one ethernet port rather than the default config version 16.9 with four ethernet ports.
I just cannot seem to get this router to load the proper startup config.
BTW I have tried wiping the router and reinstalling to no avail. And yes I have got the permissions for the virtioa file set correctly. 755.

I opened up a new blank lab and created the R-ISP as a single node. I copied the solved config into the default config and started the new node. This one booted correctly and came up with the 16.9 version with the proper config loaded.

Any thoughts.
Thanks.
Glenn...

Uldis (UD)

Re: R-ISP in Cisco Nexus 9000v VXLAN BGP EVPN Concept Lab not working

Post by Uldis (UD) » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:38 am

First we have to sure if CSR image is created propery. For this take the config from my lab and copy into notepad
Then create new lab with one router, and paste config via cli.
save
export
wipe node
selec boot node from exported and see, if it works.
If not working then issue is CSR image

tammy9931

Re: R-ISP in Cisco Nexus 9000v VXLAN BGP EVPN Concept Lab not working

Post by tammy9931 » Mon May 16, 2022 6:13 pm

hi there -

I'm just getting familiar with this platform. @Stampeder, what concept lab are you talking about? Where do I get access to these "concept labs?"

thx
Posts and thoughts are my own irrespective of my employer.

thanks,
Tammy