Bulk images upload to QEMU

Moderator: mike

njsam01

Bulk images upload to QEMU

Post by njsam01 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:06 am

EVE Experts,

I have EVE community edition running on VM Workstation 15.x and it's connected to the internet. I have the qemu and iol images available on my Window server desktop and need to understand if I could upload the whole folder containing "qcow2" images in bulk through WinSCP or need to make individual folder and upload each individual images to the corresponding folder. I have watched the video but it's only about a single qcow2 image upload. Any guidance in this regard will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Note: Qemu folder snapshot is attached for reference.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Uldis (UD)

Re: Bulk images upload to QEMU

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:17 am

every qmu image must be inside of the own folder!
and it is case sensitive foldername!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

njsam01

Post by njsam01 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:39 am

Thanks UD and appreciate it. So, inside the Qemu directory, I need to create individual folder and transfer the "qcow2" images one by one to the corresponding folder. Do I need to run the commands pertaining to the permission issues later. Thanks in advance.

njsam01

Post by njsam01 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:39 am

Thanks UD and appreciate it. So, inside the Qemu directory, I need to create individual folder and transfer the "qcow2" images one by one to the corresponding folder. Do I need to run the commands pertaining to the permission issues later. Thanks in advance.

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:39 am

You first unzip any of those tar.gz files and you will see that folder is already made for image

take some image.tar.gz
2. upload it to EVE location "/opt/unetlab/addons/qemu/". Use FileZilla or WinSCP for that.
3. SSH to EVE CLI and go to that location:
cd /opt/unetlab/addons/qemu/
4. untar image with command below:
tar xzvf win-10-x64-VL22.tar.gz
5. remove raw tar file:
rm -f win-10-x64-VL22.tar.gz
6. Fix permissions:
/opt/unetlab/wrappers/unl_wrapper -a fixpermissions

Example is given for windows image