root/eve doesn't work with Eve community bare metal installation

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

difan

root/eve doesn't work with Eve community bare metal installation

Post by difan » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:32 pm

Hi team,

I downloaded the latest with this link and installed it on my HP desktop. https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/download/#DL-COMM

I waited for the installation and update to complete and rebooted. The root/eve doesn't work for me. I am sure that it has a working Internet connection. I use DHCP and it is on the same network as my other devices and they all have Internet.

Please help...

Thanks!

rusty725

Re: root/eve doesn't work with Eve community bare metal installation

Post by rusty725 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:49 pm

after the first reboot phase 2 kicks in and Eve packages are pulled from a remote repo and then installed. You need to make sure your server has internet working and resolving. Full reinstall at this point.

difan

Re: root/eve doesn't work with Eve community bare metal installation

Post by difan » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:42 pm

rusty725 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:49 pm
after the first reboot phase 2 kicks in and Eve packages are pulled from a remote repo and then installed. You need to make sure your server has internet working and resolving. Full reinstall at this point.
Thanks. I got it figured out. The problem is that my PC has two NIC ports and apparently, it must be the eno1 that is connected to the Internet... I am good now. Thanks.