NOTE: How to pages contain long CLI commands with slider which are not visible using Edge or Chrome browsers. Please use Firefox browser!
EVE Pro or EVE LC upgrade from version 2.x to version 4.x
|Steps how to pgrade your EVE-NG Professional or EVE-NG Learning centre edition version 2.x to version 4.x
WARNING !!! Google cloud EVE Pro users, please install new EVE VM, Upgrade is not suitable for cloud VM.
Strong recommendation !!! Make backup all of your labs
cd /opt/unetlab ; tar -czvf /root/labs-backup.tgz labs
PHASE 1, Pre-stage your EVE Pro to the latest version 2.0.6-58. Even you already have version 2.0.6-58, please complete steps of Phase 1.
1. Free up your EVE Pro from older packages:
2. make sure you have free space on EVE HDD, to check issue command. vg-root and /boot should not be in 100% or close to that.
3. Verify DNS, example, ping www.google.com, if success, follow step 4. If ping is not success, check your DNS IP assigned for EVE. Some of networks can be protected and disabled outgoing ping, make sure that your DNS is right and you are able reach internet and resolve names.
4. Execute command
5. Execute command, when it prompt to confirm, answer “Y”
NOTE: Making upgrade from older EVE Pro version, installation can ask to confirm some of installation steps:
Answer for screenshot above, N
Answer for grub: Keep the local version currently installed
6. IMPORTANT: After installation is successfully finished, reboot your EVE (step 7)
7. IMPORTANT: Reboot EVE
PHASE 2, upgrade your EVE Pro to version 4.0.1-X
1. SSH to your EVE as root
2. Run command, if you do not see full command in the slider, use Firefox browser.
wget https://www.eve-ng.net/repo-bionic/update-eve-pro.sh -O /tmp/upgrade.sh && chmod +x /tmp/upgrade.sh && /tmp/upgrade.sh
3. If you did Phase 1 properly after command above you will get prompt: to start upgrade process? Answer yes
4. In any Prompt choose default (hit enter)
5. Run command, reboot
6. IMPORTANT: Clear your browser chache and cookies