EVE Professional or EVE Learning Centre upgrade to the newest version
|Steps how to pgrade your EVE-NG Professional or EVE-NG Learning centre edition to the newest version|
|Pre-rquisities: Internet reachability from your EVE is a must!|
!!! After Update/Upgrade to version 2.0.6-43 DO NOT overwrite genuine EVE templates installed with this update. This will cause lost nodes in the labs !!!
Strong recommendation !!! Make backup all of your labs, Especially if you had used customized templates and settings
cd /opt/unetlab ; tar -czvf /root/labs-backup.tgz labs
1. Free up your EVE Pro from older packages:
2. make sure you have free space on EVE HDD, to check issue command. vg-root and /boot should not be in 100% or close to that.
3. Verify named ping, example, ping www.google.com, if success, follow step 4. If ping is not success, check your DNS IP assigned for EVE. Some of networks can be protected and disabled outgoing ping, make sure that your DNS is right and you are able reach internet.
4. Execute command
5. Execute command, when it prompt to confirm, answer “Y”
NOTE: Making upgrade from older EVE Pro version, installation can ask to confirm some of installation steps:
Answer for screenshot above, N
Answer for grub: Keep the local version currently installed
5. After installation is successfully finished, reboot your EVE
6. IMPORTANT: After reboot make sure you have cleared your browser cache, cookies and history !!!
WARNING: Do not install docker support on EVE Community It is for EVE Professional only.
To install or fix docker stations in the EVE Pro issue the following commands from the CLI of EVE
apt update apt install eve-ng-dockers
When dockers are properly installed, your EVE CLI output must show:
If you still see some docker line with <none> please use reinstall dockers command
apt install --reinstall eve-ng-dockers
Extra docker packages, Not ncluded in the default EVE Pro installation
Kali Linux, to install issue command:
apt install eve-ng-kali
Chromium Linux http, to install issue CLI command:
apt install eve-ng-chrome
To verify Installed dockers, issue CLI command