End User License Agreement
- Under this End User License Agreement (the “Agreement”), EVE-NG LTD (the “Licensor “) grants to the user (the “Licensee”) a non-exclusive and non-transferable license (the “License”) to use EVE-NG Professional Edition (the “Software”).
- This license will be valid for the duration of 1 year (365 days) from the purchase date. In order to continue using EVE-NG, the Licensee must either purchase another license or follow procedures to roll back to the free Community Edition. All EVE-NG Professional features, including multi-configuration in labs, will be lost once the license has expired or has been rolled back to the Community Version. The Licensee is responsible for backing up all device configurations prior to rolling back, as only the default configuration of each lab will be kept.
- “Software” includes the executable computer programs and any related printed, electronic and online documentation and any other files that may accompany the product.
- Title, copyright, intellectual property rights and distribution rights of the Software remain exclusively with the Licensor . Intellectual property rights include the look and feel of the Software. This Agreement constitutes a license for use only and is not in any way a transfer of ownership rights to the Software.
- The Software may be loaded onto no more than one computer.
- The rights and obligations of this Agreement are personal rights granted to the Licensee only. The Licensee may not transfer or assign any of the rights or obligations granted under this Agreement to any other person or legal entity. The Licensee may not make available the Software for use by one or more third parties.
- The Software may not be modified, reverse-engineered, or de-compiled in any manner through current or future available technologies.
- Failure to comply with any of the terms under the License section will be considered a material breach of this Agreement.
- The original purchase price paid by the Licensee will constitute the entire license fee and is the full consideration for this Agreement.
Limitation of Liability
- The Software is provided by the Licensor and accepted by the Licensee “as is”. Liability of the Licensor will be limited to a maximum of the original purchase price of the Software. The Licensor will not be liable for any general, special, incidental or consequential damages including, but not limited to, loss of production, loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of data, or any other business or economic disadvantage suffered by the Licensee arising out of the use or failure to use the Software.
- The Licensor makes no warranty expressed or implied regarding the fitness of the Software for a particular purpose or that the Software will be suitable or appropriate for the specific requirements of the Licensee.
- The Licensor does not warrant that use of the Software will be uninterrupted or error-free. The Licensee accepts that software in general is prone to bugs and flaws within an acceptable level as determined in the industry.
Warrants and Representations
- The Licensor warrants and represents that it is the copyright holder of the Software. The Licensor warrants and represents that granting the license to use this Software is not in violation of any other agreement, copyright or applicable statute.
- All terms, conditions and obligations of this Agreement will be deemed to be accepted by the Licensee (“Acceptance”) upon purchase.
- EVE-NG LTD provides live chat support at no additional cost. This support is offered at the sole discretion of EVE-NG LTD and is not guaranteed by this Agreement.
- The Licensee will be offered maintenance upgrades and bug fixes that are associated with EVE-NG Professional edition, at no additional cost, for a period of 1 year (365 days) from the date of Acceptance.
- The term of this Agreement will begin on Acceptance and is perpetual.
- This Agreement will be terminated and the License forfeited where the Licensee has failed to comply with any of the terms of this Agreement or is in breach of this Agreement. On termination of this Agreement for any reason, the Licensee will promptly destroy the Software or return the Software to the Licensor .
- The Licensor will be free of liability to the Licensee where the Licensor is prevented from executing its obligations under this Agreement in whole or in part due to Force Majeure, such as earthquake, typhoon, flood, fire, and war or any other unforeseen and uncontrollable event where the Licensor has taken any and all appropriate action to mitigate such an event.
- EVE-NG LTD will not be held liable for the misuse of any third party vendor’s intellectual property. By downloading, installing, or using any version or edition of EVE-NG, the Licensee agrees to obtain prior authorization from each associated vendor before using any of that vendor’s products or intellectual property on the EVE-NG Platform.
- EVE-NG Professional edition license is exportable but is tied to either one Virtual Machine instance or one physical computer. The re-hosted EVE machine must have internet access to periodically validate the license. EVE receives a token with a licence validity time of 24 hours. During those 24 hours, the re-hosted EVE can be used offline. After 24 hours the token time expires and you have to get EVE online again (for approximately 30minutes) to receive a new token.
- We have a no refund policy on the license. We do this because we offer a free “community version” where you can try out the important features. The Pro Version only adds additional features to this. This free version allows you to test the software and determine if what you want to run on it will actually work before deciding to make a purchase.
No refund is offered because we cannot guarantee that the software/license was actually removed from the system; we do this to fight fraudulent activity.
- The Parties to this Agreement submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the United Kingdom for the enforcement of this Agreement or any arbitration award or decision arising from this Agreement. This Agreement will be enforced or construed according to the laws of the United Kingdom.
- This Agreement does not create or imply any relationship in agency or partnership between the Licensor and the Licensee.
- Headings are inserted for the convenience of the parties only and are not to be considered when interpreting this Agreement. Words in the singular mean and include the plural and vice versa. Words in the masculine gender include the feminine gender and vice versa. Words in the neuter gender include the masculine gender and the feminine gender and vice versa.
- If any term, covenant, condition or provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void or unenforceable, it is the parties’ intent that such provision be reduced in scope by the court only to the extent deemed necessary by that court to render the provision reasonable and enforceable and the remainder of the provisions of this Agreement will in no way be affected, impaired or invalidated as a result.
- This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties. All understandings have been included in this Agreement. Representations which may have been made by any party to this Agreement may in some way be inconsistent with this final written Agreement. All such statements are declared to be of no value in this Agreement. Only the written terms of this Agreement will bind the parties.
- This Agreement and the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement apply to and are binding upon the Licensor ‘s successors and assigns.
All notices to the Licensor under this Agreement are to be provided at the following email address: