How to upgrade EVE Community to the newest version
|Steps how to upgrade your EVE-NG Community to the newest version
|Pre-rquisities: Internet reachability from your EVE is a must!
!!! After Update/Upgrade to version 2.0.3-109 DO NOT overwrite genuine EVE templates installed with this update. This will cause lost nodes in the labs !!!
Strong recommendation !!! Make backup all of your labs, Especially if you had used customized templates and settings
cd /opt/unetlab ; tar -czvf /root/labs-backup.tgz labs
1. Free up your EVE from older packages:
2. make sure you have free space on EVE HDD, to check issue command. vg-root and /boot should not be in 100% or close to that.
3. Verify named ping, example, ping www.google.com, if success, follow step 4. If ping is not success, check your DNS IP assigned for EVE.
4. Execute command
5. Execute command, when it prompt to confirm, answer “Y”
NOTE: Making upgrade from older EVE Community version, installation can ask to confirm some of installation steps:
Answer for screenshot above, N
Answer for grub: Keep the local version currently installed
5. After installation is successfully finished, reboot your EVE