How to upgrade EVE Community to the newest version
|Steps how to upgrade your EVE-NG Community to the newest version
|First please check what EVE-NG Community version you have. SSH to your EVE-NG Community and type: dpkg -l eve-ng
This will show which version your EVE-NG Community has.
dpkg -l eve-ng
If your EVE-NG Commuinty version is 2.0.3-XXX, then follow migrate content steps in Section A
If your EVE-NG Commuinty version is 5.0.1-XXX, then follow version upgrade steps in Section B
Section A, Content migration steps from your OLD EVE Community 2.0.3-XXX to the new version.
!!! NOTE: it is impossible migrate from EVE Community version 2.0.3.X to the newest EVE Community version 5.0.1.X. It is not supported, because EVE-NG Community is developed on the Ubuntu 20.04, and there is no support migrate distro from Ubuntu 16.04 to te Ubuntu 20.04.
1. Do the backup of your EVE-NG community folders:
2. Download and install newest EVE Community 5.0.1-XX.
3. Copy CONTENTS from your backup folders to the same loacion in the new EVE Community. DO NOT owerwrite whole backup directory on the new EVE Community !
Section B, Upgrade steps from your EVE Community 5.0.1-XXX to the new version.
If your EVE-NG Commuinty version is 5.0.1-X, then follow uprade steps below:
1. Free up your EVE from older packages:
2. make sure you have free space on EVE HDD, to check issue command. vg-root and /boot should not be in 100% or close to that.
3. Verify named ping, example, ping www.google.com, if success, follow step 4. If ping is not success, check your DNS IP assigned for EVE.
4. Execute command
5. Execute command, when it prompt to confirm, answer “Y”
NOTE: Making upgrade from older EVE Community version, installation can ask to confirm some of installation steps:
Answer for screenshot above, N
Answer for grub: Keep the local version currently installed
5. After installation is successfully finished, reboot your EVE